Your Starbucks order is not ready

Starbucks order ready iOS notification
Oh, goody! Wait, I’ve ordered nothing. | Screenshot: Umar Shakir / The Verge

It’s been a long time since I personally ordered from Starbucks, but today, I thought the streak was broken when my iPhone buzzed with a gleeful “Your order is ready!” notification.

But wait a minute — I didn’t order anything!

I turned to social media and quickly found that a bunch of other people were getting the same message stemming from their Starbucks app.

Starbucks is now sharing that the notification was a glitch. “Earlier today, a push notification from the Starbucks app was sent as an error, customers were not charged for an order if one was not placed,” reads a company statement sent to Insider. The company says it was due to the app suffering a partial outage.

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/xNUMt2r

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Twitter board is reportedly not interested in Elon’s takeover offer

Amazon is acquiring a podcast hosting and monetization platform