Grimes’ latest song insists that simulation is the future

Look, I don’t care how many famous people who make more money than me insist that our lives are a simulation. I just don’t buy it, and not even Grimes’ latest track can convince me otherwise. Maybe she’ll have more success turning you with her latest banger “We Appreciate Power.”

In addition to the catchy, repetitive titular mantra, may I point you to the crux of the song: “People like to say that we’re insane / But AI will reward us when it reigns / We pledge allegiance to the world’s most powerful computer / Simulation: It’s the future.” According to NPR, the song was inspired by Kim Jong-un’s favorite band, North Korean pop group Moranbong Band. It’s “written from the perspective of a Pro-A.I. Girl Group Propaganda machine who use...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2TXXtaF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Twitter board is reportedly not interested in Elon’s takeover offer

Amazon is acquiring a podcast hosting and monetization platform